Cutthroat Lakes, not Cutthroat Lake

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Cutthroat Lakes, not Cutthroat Lake

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      LeaveItToStever12
      Participant

I’m going to be doing a multi-night trip up at Cutthroat Lakes (not Cutthroat Lake up north) soon. I am having a hard time digging up information on the quality of fishing at these lakes; surely a place called Cutthroat Lakes that has warnings from every hiker that goes there about the quantity of mosquitoes and biting flies will be loaded with trout, right? It would be nice to cook some fresh trout on the campfire…

Anybody know what I should expect up there?

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

The Cutthroat Plateau is in a DNR NRCA and we haven’t been able to stock fish up there in quite a few years. We just started to stock in NRCAs again last summer and we hope to get up to the Cutthroat Lakes soon, but right now there aren’t any fish up on lakes accessible by trail on the plateau. If you are willing to hit the brush and steeps you can drop down to some of the lower lakes like East Boardman that have naturally reproducing populations.

LeaveItToStever12
          Participant

Thanks so much for the info… I don’t mind bushwhacking for good fishing so I think I’ll give your suggestion a try.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.