day trip

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      gonefishin
      Participant

any ideas for a quick day trip from seattle for trout fishing this weekend?

maybe about 1.5 hours drive or less from seattle. i’ll hike over 10 miles in a day if it’s a good one, but of course willing to hike less.

thanks!

and have a swell weekend.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

That leaves a lot of possibilities. You looking for on trail or off-trail destinations?

gonefishin
          Participant

yeah, perhaps a lame, vague question.

i’ve got a few ideas in mind. just lookin for some inspiration, i guess.

on-trail would be the answer, though.

mossback
            Participant

Alaska Lake is first one that comes to my mind. Has a trail, sort of. If you like a lot of company (especially this week end), then Snow Lake, continuing on to more scenery at Gem Lake, and and if you are so inclined, continuing on to a little less company at Upper or Lower Wildcat Lake. Gem has no fish; the rest do, but a Curtis raft would be VERY helpful. – mossback

gonefishin
              Participant

hey, kept it easy this weekend because of the company i took– ended up going to heather lake early before everyone got there. it’s a pretty little lake. and the fishing, well, err, it’s a pretty little lake.

part of the issue is i’ve now been to most of the mid-range hikes that i presume to have fish about 1.5 hours from seattle.

so i’m left deciding if i want to make a day hike out of a longer trek like big heart lake, for example.

alaska lake is a great tip, as it is not on the wdfw link ( http://wdfw.wa.gov/outreach/fishing/hilakapx.pdf ). same with those lakes beyond snow you mentioned.

i may check out alaska before the year is out.

thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.