first trip to a high lake

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion first trip to a high lake

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jnoyes1026
      Participant

I made my first trip to a high lake a month ago. Went up to Lanham lake on stevens pass nice 1.6 mile hike steep at times lots of devils club. Anyways went with my fly pole and a spinning reel and fished with a cast master. The lake was crystal clear arrived around 11:30 and successfully caught about 50 fish in 1 hour. None of the fish were more than 12 inches but I tried to get some good video clips on my gopro but didnt get many good shots. Just thought I would share. I would think that it would be a good trip for a family if kids are around 6-7 or older. Also bring bug spray biting flies show up near the lake.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Thanks for sharing! Lanham is a great first lake. Did you run across the Charlie Lund plaque on the rock by the lake?

jnoyes1026
          Participant

I think so it was to the right of where the trail puts you to the lake if I remember. I hiked that way around the lake but it was really steep but I found a downed tree to stand on to fish off of. When I was heading back to the trail to leave I saw the rock and plaque but didnt stop to long to read because the biting flies were eating me alive.

wlllc
            Participant

Suggest you take a float tube with you next time. It improves the fishing, and gets you off the shore and away from biting insects!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.