Fishy Pic

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sooperfly
      Participant

Posted this on nwhikers, but I thought I would put it up here also.

Little report here: Report

Edited on 9-24-2004 by sooperfly]

brownster145
        Participant

Nice fish and story.

Andrew

gonefishin
          Participant

Amazing

and it’s not even that big of a lake.
            i always figured big waters brought big fish

thanks for sharing.

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

Originally posted by gonefishin
              i always figured big waters brought big fish.

That’s a great point. The smallest lakes often produce the largest fish. Most of the food in a lake in concentrated in the parts of the lake that are less than 10 feet deep. A large deep lake with seep shores can have very little area under 10 feet deep. In that lake there isn’t much food and the fish won’t grow large. But a small lake might all be less than 10 feet deep. That lake will be a bug factory and produce large fish. But because the lake is small it must be stocked with low numbers of fish and that makes the fishery vulnerable to being fished out.

BobPfeifer
              Participant

“Okay Brian, have you been coaching these good folks on how to hold the fish halfway between the camera lens and the holder's face?”

sooperfly
                Participant

Hey, I learned a long time ago how to make the fish look bigger! It measured 21.5 inches. This shot doesn’t look as good but it still looks pretty big in this pic! 🙂

This particular lake is just teeming with all kinds of life. You can see masses of them wiggling around while out paddling the lake. It seems there is something every square inch. There are also lots of salamanders swimming around near shore.

I went back up this weekend for three days trying to get a scale sample off a certain fish I call “gigantor” but alas was unable to hook anything. Think they are on to me now. I was able to snap a few pictures of the fish while they were hanging out next to shore, waiting for a meal I suppose. They didn’t want what I was offering. Will post a pic when I get back home to my computer.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.