If you had 5 days to fish?

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion If you had 5 days to fish?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      okie
      Participant

I have just recently returned from a extended stay in the middle east and have been given permission to take a 5 day trip for fishing. So my question to everyone is, if you had 5 days to go anywhere where would it be. I have hit a lot of alpine lakes in the Cascades, such as Kanim, Coney, Cora, and Packlake. Any ideas would be very welcomed!

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Are you looking at something right away or in the summer? If right away you should head for the desert or the Okanogan. Later in the summer high lakes will be the best choice.

okie
          Participant

I am heading out on the 13th. I just got back from Packlake and it was a blast. Not much for a trial but it was a great time on the water.

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

Do you mean Packwood Lake? If so, how much snow was around?

By the 13th not much is going to be open high lake wise. The snow pack is really heavy. Better to head east of the mountains. Maybe someone who knows some of those areas better then I do will chime in.

Dave Weyrick
              Participant

You lucky dog! If I had five days to fish this month, I’d fish the basin lakes near Vantage and/or fish Chopaka in the Okanogan. Moving water- Yakima River if the flow was not too high.

Was your middle east tour with the military? If so, thank you for your service to our country.

Bob Burnell
                Participant

@Dave Weyrick wrote:

You lucky dog! If I had five days to fish this month, I’d fish the basin lakes near Vantage and/or fish Chopaka in the Okanogan. Moving water- Yakima River if the flow was not too high.

Was your middle east tour with the military? If so, thank you for your service to our country.

I agree with Dave especially if your tour was in the service….thanks so much!

As for moving water the Yakima was flooded not too long ago and still looked amazingly high to me last weekend. Ancient Lakes and others in the area may be a good choice.

Enjoy your trip

Bob

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.