I'm coming back and need help.

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion I'm coming back and need help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JOSHUA BURCK
      Keymaster

Hello I posted on here before many years ago, however I been out of the game for a long duration due to the military deciding I needed to spend the last 5 years in North Dakota. In April I will be getting back out and heading to an at this point unknown part of the Pacific Northwest. I love hiking and fishing in the lakes up in the mountains and plan to start getting back into it quickly when I get back. I would like a vessel to fish out of that weighs no more than 20 lbs max with associated equipment (waders for a tube paddle for raft ect) most of my trips will be overnight or weekend trips rather than day trips.

Here is my checklist of capabilities and requirements I would like to meet. I know I probably won’t get all of then checked it’s my dream list

Price 400$ max preferably around 250 or less
        Easy to use
        Weight being light as possible
        Bonuses for
        Built sturdy enough I can have my dog (corgi) in it with me.
        Can also accommodate another person on occasion.
        At least 1 tie off point to tie make shift anchors and stringers to.

That being said I’m open to rafts kayak and tubes or whatever. If you want to give me specific brands or links whatever works for me as well as what others have used and did not work would be good to know.

Thanks and glad to be coming back soon hopefully I can meet some of you on the trails!

Michael Hill
        Participant

The Klymit LiteWater Dinghy is fairly inexpensive. Got a few on sale off Amazon. Pretty rugged so far. I’ve drug it over rocks and through alder brush and it’s not needed a patch yet. A 2 person raft would be expensive andheavier.

https://www.klymit.com/litewater-dinghy.html

Homepage

JOSHUA BURCK
          Keymaster

I actually have that on one of my saved tabs for a possible buy. Do you use a kayak paddle or a canoe one with it?

Michael Hill
            Participant

The ping pong ping style Curtis raft paddles are my favorite after trying several others. Kayak paddles are a bit inconvenient for fishing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.