Introduction

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anthony Zanetti
      Participant

Good day all, the names Tony. I spent a good portion of my late teen years stomping and peddling around the Gifford Pinchot In search of obscure fishing spots, most of which I do not remember, as I never took notes, just looked at some blue circles along a trail map and started walking. When I took off to college, whitewater kayaking and fly fishing took over my life. I spent long summers living out of a tent, guiding as an excuse to paddle and fish in MT and ID. When it was time to get a real job, I found myself back in SW WA. Now that I have kids and one of them is interested in tagging along with me, I stumbled across this forum in search of hike / peddle in fishing with the 7 yo boy child.

What a wonderful site. I see lots of members and info up north, and I hope I can make a few acquaintances. Please PM or email me if you would like a trekking partner into some WA lakes in the summers to come.

Bob Burnell
        Participant

Tony

Welcome to the Hi Laker forum. Good for your getting your kids involved in hiking fishing and other outdoor activities. I cherish fishing with my daughter more than I can explain and can promise you’ll never regret it.

I live in Woodinville (NE of Seattle) but hope to meet you someday perhaps at a meeting or on a lake.

Bob

Jed Sires
          Participant

Tony,

Glad you found us!

It sounds like you need to join the Hi-Lakers. It is well worth the $10.

Jed

Dave Weyrick
            Participant

Welcome, Tony. Don’t want to sound like a salesman, but a Hi-laker membership includes the whole family. As a member, your 7 yo son could peruse the amazing Lakefinder and look for lakes you two could fish.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.