Jamie Van Etten

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum Miscellaneous Jamie Van Etten

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dave Weyrick
      Participant

With great sadness I share the news of the passing of longtime alpine fishing advocate Jamie Van Etten after a lengthy and hard fought battle with cancer. Jamie was a member of both the Trail Blazers and Hi-Lakers for over 30 years during which time he served the clubs in various officer capacities including President and commitee chairman positions. Jamie’s love and exuberance for the outdoors, the high country, and especially the fishing are legendary; he will be greatly missed. Jamie’s tenacity and dedication to the fish, and hence the angling public, whether catching or planting, was demonstrated most vividly when he was forced to drink some of the water from the fish jug while traversing a dry ridge on the way to the lake. We can only aspire to face life as well as you did, Jamie!

Jim Mighell
        Participant

It is now 10 years since The comical Jamie left us, he still is missed, including his political tirades – I think of him every time I plant Lily lake near Packwood (he would be very vocal about the deterioration 0F THE ROAD TO THAT TRAILHEAD.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.