Just joined

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freesolo
      Participant

Hey everyone!

I’ve been meeting Trailblazers at hi-lakes for the last 30 years. Actually the first was at Gold lake in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in the summer of 06′. I don’t remember the guys name but he visited our camp and chatted for a while. We were catching 12″ MBS cutthroats. He told us about the Trailblazers and what they do. I was quite impressed but never got around to joining.

I’m now 50 years old and have been to tons of lakes since then, with and without trails. I’ve always wondered how brook trout reproduce in high lakes (like Jerry Lakes in the North Cascades) without any apparent stream flow. Can any trout species do this? I’d be glad to answer any questions ya’ll might have if I can.

Happy to be at the party! Chris in Montesano :camping:

ps: the pic is of me at a favorite lake in the alpine lakes on july 4 2005. if you can guess it i’ll tell ya 🙂

Freesolo
        Participant

I meant to say my first contact was in 1986, not 06′

Dave Weyrick
          Participant

Welcome to the site Chris. Think you might like to come to a TB’er or HL’er meeting? Great folks in each group with some overlap. Each club has a members-only forum much more active than this public forum. Hope to see you soon! It would be fun to share some stories of the old days and try to figure out who you might have seen at Gold in ’86.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.