Lake Isabel Trash…UPDATE…Cleanup day 6/13/09

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Lake Isabel Trash…UPDATE…Cleanup day 6/13/09

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hulk
      Participant

HI. I am a regular over at Nwhikers.net. I have been working on organising a trash volunteer clean up at Lake Isabel. I could use a few helpers. E mail me bigb162@yahoo.com, or PM me at NWhikers. There’s more information….
        Here http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7973917
        and
        Here http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7973888

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Thanks a lot for putting this clean-up together. I’m very interested in helping if I possibly can. Keep us posted when you settle on a final date.

I can’t believe the FS won’t allow you to take a cutting torch up to dismantle that box. If you heated a pot of coffee with it couldn’t you say it was your stove?

Hulk
          Participant

I’ll keep you posted.

Even with the assistance from the Sea Plane Association, stuff is going to need to be packed out on foot. Also, av-gas can’t be cheep. I don’t want to “waste” there time or money by not having enough people to help. Have my fingers crossed that on the chosen date it dose not cloud up, and prevent air craft from landing.

I think your right on the cutting torch. Even if it’s not “legal” the benifit from it’s use by far out weighs any minor “impact” of it’s use.

John Motz
            Participant

Does anybody know about how long that old plane engine has been there ? I was there about 30 years ago and it was there then. I never caught a fish out of that lake.

Hulk
              Participant

I have not been able to confirm any rumors of downed air craft still in the lake. I imagine it may have been recovered in the last 30 years or so.

Hulk
                Participant

Isabel clean up day will be Saturday 6/13/09

Isabel clean up day has been delayed for the lake to thaw, as the Washington Seaplanes Pilots Association is interested in helping out. I was at Isabel on the May 30th to check on how the lake is melting out so airplanes can operate…here’s the answer i got

Lets hope the good weather prevails, so the Seaplane Association can attend!

Zack Leake
                  Participant

Hey, that’s one of my birds!

~Z

Zack Leake
                    Participant

I work for Kenmore Air (the plane pictured above) and after talking to my GM, we would like to donate a Beaver to fly up there to help haul out the trash.

~Zack

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.