Matt

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

@TheLoneHiker wrote:

Are there fish in Lake Kulla Kulla ?

Yep.

I fished at the ‘pond’ or Little Lake Kulla Kulla and
          caught nothing and saw no rises.

How cold was the water? If it hasn’t warmed up enough the fish won’t be active and might now show. How long did you fish?

I didnt wander around and down to the big lake when I was there
          and am wondering if I should have…

Always fish everything :fishing: :caught:

Andy Schmidt
          Participant

@Brian Curtis wrote:

@TheLoneHiker wrote:

I fished at the ‘pond’ or Little Lake Kulla Kulla and caught nothing and saw no rises.

How cold was the water? If it hasn’t warmed up enough the fish won’t be active and might now show. How long did you fish?

I was recently at a lake that has a history of plenty of fish to catch. I didn’t see any sign of fish in over an hour of fishing around the whole lake. Turns out water temp was 38. A thermometer can be a useful tool.

Anonymous

Only fished 1/2 an hour or so, it’s not a very big lake. The water was cold but did not
              seem to bad. Mason lake did still have ice on the far side of it though so this one
              may have been colder than I thought.

vanhobm
              Participant

I fished the little Kulla Kulla 15 years ago. You can reach 3/4 of the lake from any one side. Had good experience. Ended the day with a couple 2-3 lb. rainbow. I don’t recall the time of year I was there. But I was pleasantly surprised with the results from a little pond.

TheAdventurer57
                Participant

So I hiked the IRA Spring trail yesterday to Island lake, but I really wanted to fish kulla kulla. The only problem was I couldn’t find a way down there that didn’t involve a cliff. Is there a part of the trail that goes off and down there?

Brian Curtis
                  Keymaster

There is no trail down to Kulla Kulla. You have to negotiate the cliffs and brush to get down there.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.