Lake Recommendations

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Lake Recommendations

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DJfisher
      Participant

Hello, I’m new to the forum here, stumbled across it yesterday. I’m looking for a place to go on a fishing trip with some friends pretty soon, in the last week of April, next week I guess. I’ve never fished a high lake, so I don’t know much about it or good locations, but I am an experienced fisherman otherwise and an experienced hiker, now I’d just like to combine the two! Anyways, I don’t know which, if any, lakes are thawed right now, I’d assume some of the lower elevations ones would be, I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks ahead of time

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Most high lakes are still locked up tight with snow and ice. But some of the lower elevation lakes are starting to thaw out. Something like Packwood Lake should be really nice this time of year.

DJfisher
          Participant

Thanks for the recommendation, is there a certain altitude that is typically ice free currently does it just vary by location?

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

It varies by location. Lakes with southern exposures will open sooner then lakes with northern exposures. Lakes in southern WA generally open sooner then lakes in northern WA. Some places get more snow then others, etc. Things will really start to open up in July.

DJfisher
              Participant

Thanks for all the info Brian, I appreciate it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.