Looking for suggestions on a lake

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Looking for suggestions on a lake

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lasivian
      Participant

Hiya folks. I’m new to WA and in Seattle. (Dirty ole bait fisherman from AZ, heh)

Trying to find something within 2 hours drive from Seattle where I can fish from shore.

5+ miles hike from the road is fine, went to Talapus and couldn’t even get a lure into the water so I figured I would get some help this time around. 🙂

Thanks.

allison
        Participant

Right now? Try Rattlesnake Lake, or in Seattle, do the urban thing and hunt Browns at Green Lake. No joke, people pull big Browns out of there.

Joe Mahar
          Participant

If you do try Rattlesnake, make sure you read the fishing regs first. You can use only a single barbless hook, no bait allowed. It’s also catch and release only.

Lasivian
            Participant

I’m guessing for most lakes it’s way too early to fish there.

Mainly I want to find a good backpacking destination far from mankind 🙂

Thanks

Brian Curtis
              Keymaster

Backpacking is tough right now. High lakes won’t really start opening until June and July.

Domke Lake off Lake Chelan would be a possibility. That one takes some coordination as you need to take the passenger ferry up Lake Chelan.

Jim Mighell
                Participant

Here are a few ideas: Go south from Tacoma on Hwy 7 to Alder Lake lots of shore sites to fish from at state Park , side roads , up near Elbe.

Same trip to Mineral lake ;

Kapowsin lake at its south end, has medium to very large Rainbows in spring, and bass later on (this lake is close to Orting. Walk in access along old Railroad.

Tanwax L. excellent, in same area as Kapowsin but bank access is limited, Rapkjohn Lake in same area can be very good at Access area or out in boat.

Hike in lakes (2) up Greenwater R. out of Enumclaw about 2 miles in on very easy trail with Eastern Brook 8-12″ and native Cutts to 14″ .

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.