Not WA, but still Alpine like

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Not WA, but still Alpine like

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      bavnuts88
      Participant

So myself and a friend went on a fishing trip in Nevada. We went to Ruby Lake Wildlife Refuge for a week, which has bass and monster trout. Its a huge marsh area that sits at 6000 feet up in the deserts of eastern Nevada. We caught roughly 8 – 10 billion pound size bass and a couple trout, of which the average was 4 pounds. Awesome trip with well over 100 fish caught, just bass. Aboot a dozen large rainbows between 5 of us. These were the 2 biggest. The first going 6lb, 9oz. The second going 7lb, 2oz. Largest bass was 2lb, 4oz.

bavnuts88
        Participant

Backwards, top on is 7lb+, bottom was 6.9.

Top caught on a LuckyCraft Pointer, yes a bass lure.
          Bottom caught on black rooster tail on ultra lite setup.

caveman
          Participant

Nice fish, just wondering if they were really that heavy though.

Adam

bavnuts88
            Participant

@caveman wrote:

Nice fish, just wondering if they were really that heavy though.

Adam

Really??

Well, Ive never been asked that before. They were both weighed twice, just after the catch, and when we got back to camp, and on 2 different scales. The hatchery at this place doesnt realese the fish until they are 22in long, so there is no small fish, well, not really. They also told us there were some caught in the teens a couple weeks before we got there.
              Most trout caught were aboot 4 lbs.

caveman
              Participant

I wish I was there catching them wth you. It is hard to tell from a pick on how big fish can can be.

Adam

bavnuts88
                Participant

Its cool man. Both of the pics are friends of mine. They are pretty skinny guys. I noticed most pics I see of fish are really close to the camera, so they seem bigger than they really are. I dont try to make them look big, I just take the pics. We weigh everything we catch, except the small ones. One of our scales is certified for tourneys by a local bass club, so at least we know 1 is on point.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.