Nugget Lakes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Its the water
      Participant

Hi! Anybody been to Nugget Lakes near Snowy Lakes and Golden Horn off the P.C.T. near Methow Pass? Are there fish? They look difficult to get to and there is no designated trail. I’ve been taking old buddies backpacking once a year for fifteen years now. We have had some wonderful success fishing all over the state at high mountain lakes. I’m trying to incorporate high alpine scenery and am not making the fishing the top priority(some of the guys don’t fish) this year. I’m pretty sure Snowy Lakes has no fish at it is very shallow.

Since I’m on this great site, I’d love to hear stories about some Pasayten Wilderness lakes if anybody has some experiences there. On our wish list someday is:

Four Point Lake
        Remmel
        Cathedral
        Buckskin and Silver lake
        Corral and Fawn
        Ferguson and Fred lakes

Thanks so much for any feedback. Don’t hesitate to ask where we have gone in the past and caught some biggies. 😀

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

I’ve been there. It is a beautiful spot and they are not often visited. It is a place you will want to tread lightly. You are correct about the Snowy Lakes being shallow and fishless. Lots of people visit the Snowys. With good reason, they are gorgeous.

caveman
          Participant

Been to Remmal, Cathedral Lakes, and Four point lake and that area. Great place, lots of fish, but small.

Adam

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.