Pretty fish that are dimensionally challenged

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Pretty fish that are dimensionally challenged

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Jonathan Leathers
      Participant

Here is a place that you can post your pictures of fish that are less than 20 inches. I know being a ‘regular’ fisherman that tries just as hard as the super fisherman that most fish caught in our mountains are in the 8-14 inch range but in my opinion they’re just as amazing as their bigger brothers and are often times prettier. They sport bright colors and they fight like they think they’re big.

Anyway feel free to post any fish pictures here: I love them all and I won’t make you remove your favorite fish even if they are small. As a matter of fact let’s see who can post the smallest fish ever caught on a hook
        :mrgreen:

Here’s a pretty fish to get things started.

Jonathan

Jonathan Leathers
        Participant

Here’s a nice cutthroat hen that was dripping eggs all over the snow, fresh caviar Yum!!! I liked the colors myself.

Jonathan Leathers
          Participant

Ok this is not my smallest ever but most likely the smallest I have on film. Anyway the lure is the smallest needle fish that you can get about 1.25 inches so you will have to guess at the size of the fish I didn’t measure it

I was wandering at the time what the h*** this little guy was thinking he couldn’t possible swallow that lure??? I almost cast him across the lake not realizing he was even on my line until he came out of the water wiggling a bit

Jonathan

Ken McLeod
            Participant

Jon,
              hey hice pics, especially the first one in the thread. You may be “fined” however for the last shot treating that fish in such a hideous way…hanging out of the water for his photo. Gad!

BobPfeifer
              Participant

“Jon, that 'bow shot is really, really nice. It is rare to find such beautiful colors in these fish. I'm very interested in knowing where the fish was, its stock, etc. You could tell me offline if you wanted to.^^^^Some old HALFASS (High Alpine Lake Fishing and Scenery Society) friends took a gag shot of me in the rain at Mason Lake in the early 1980s when I inadvertently caught a 5″ fish (that I subsequently kept for biological study purposes). I could scan in the slide of me holding it up if you want a good laugh.”

DJH
                Participant

Boy, I could post a lot in this category…

sooperfly
                  Participant

caught on my favorite fly….

Ken McLeod
                    Participant

Ok, here’s a 17 inch dandy that went a few pounds — a beautiful bright (chrome) rainbow. Caught in Oct. 2003 by McPilchuck. Lake was restocked with fry by Helm & McLeod same day. Photo by Hans Helm

Dave Weyrick
                      Participant

This fish was 13″, despite the tremendous size of his head. Olympic National Park, 7 Lakes Basin, Oct., ’02.
                        Same fish as avatar.

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by Dave Weyrick]

Brian Curtis
                        Keymaster

Here’s another nice brookie, about 15″. That’s my wife, Annie, who caught it.

mcmahon2005
                          Participant

Does anyone elses computer not show the pictures on this site, it doesn;t show any pictures or avatars.

Brian Curtis
                            Keymaster

Sorry, when I migrated the board software a while I didn’t get the photos moved over. I still have to get that done.

Brian Curtis
                              Keymaster

It has taken me way too long so I just went through and resurrected the photos in this thread. It’ll be a while before I get to the other threads, but I’ll slowly bring them back on line.

Thanks for the reminder.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.