Save Fish Stocking within the North Cascades National Park

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Save Fish Stocking within the North Cascades National Park

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ken Masel
      Participant

The issue of allowing the continued fish stocking within the North Cascades National Park is moving along at a rapid pace. This past weekend, another newspaper article was published. In addition, KUOW radio did a short segment on the subject earlier today.

So, it’s time to contact both Senators who represent Washington State and express support for H.R. 2430. As mentioned in another thread, H.R. 2430 was introduced in the House a couple of weeks ago and is scheduled for a vote next week before heading to the Senate.

At this point, no one can confirm whether or not Senators Cantwell or Murray are supportive. Therefore, it is very important that both Senators by contacted and support on this issue be stated. If both Senators heare from enough people, they are more likely to act on moving the bill through the Senate.

Without the support of Congress by July 1, the National Park Service will halt the stocking of fish within the park.

Here is contact information for the two Senators. E-mail is probably the quickest method but either phone, fax or a letter will also work.

Senator Maria Cantwell

Address
        511 Dirksen Senate Office Building
        Washington, DC 20510

Fax: (202) 228-0514
        Phone: (202) 224-3441
        E-mail: http://cantwell.senate.gov/contact

Senator Patty Murray

Address
        173 Russell Senate Office Building
        Washington, DC 20510

Fax: (202) 224-0238
        Phone: (202) 224-2621
        E-mail: http://murray.senate.gov/email/index.cfm

Joshua Cowart
        Participant

I sent my emails off today and here is the letter I got back today!

Dear Dr. Cowart:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R.2430, which is currently pending in the United States House of Representatives. I appreciate knowing your views on this matter.

In the Senate, this legislation would fall under the jurisdiction of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee. While I am not a member of that Committee, I want to assure you that I will be following the progress of this bill and will keep your views in mind if this or related legislation comes before the full Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope you will continue to keep in touch.

I hope all is well in Seattle.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.