Skagit County Trailblazers?

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Skagit County Trailblazers?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cultus
      Participant

My local fisheries biologist sent me to this website. I have been planting a few lakes in my area, and so have some other trailblazers according to the biologists. It would be good to get together and pool our resources. I have been fishing the high lakes in the northwest Washington region for 25 years and have a respectable knowledge of the area and it’s lakes.

Looking forward to meeting with some folks in my region.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Good to have you here, Cultus. The bio you talked to is Mark Downen? Have you been stocking high lakes (over 2500 feet on the west side) or lower lakes? We (Trail Blazers) do indeed stock lakes in Skagit and Whatcom Counties. We don’t have any current members living in Skagit County, however.

Larry Anderson
          Participant

I live in Mount Vernon, and I am more than ready to plant, and fish the high lakes in our corner of the state. Hopefully we can get some more interest up here. I Hike and plant with several guys who are all very interested in maintaining some lakes in our region. I have spoke with Mark Downen about it. Now we just have to get the ball rolling. Send me a PM and we can start working on planning some trips for this year.

Sandy McKean
            Participant

Sasquatch, do you volunteer to stock lakes as directed by the Dept of Fish and Wildlife, or are you involved in some other way?

Larry Anderson
              Participant

I just call the biologist, and ask if I can plant a specific lake that I fish, and if he allows it, I plant it. It has been a fun learning experiance working with both Jim, and Mark.

bavnuts88
                Participant

Id like to get in on this. Im in Marysville. Im a bass fisher mainly, but I like to get the out of the way spots for some trouties.

crazyjake
                  Participant

I am also interested in this. Live in Sedro-Woolley. I am not able to attend any meetings as I work nights. Have never assisted in fish plantings but have volunteered alot of time with Skagit Fisheries Enhancement, Forest Service and Pacific Northwest Trails. Have done habitat restoration and trails maintenance.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.