snoqualmie lake

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      corrington_j
      Participant

Hiked into snoqualmie lake over the weekend. What a beautiful area and lake. However the fishing wasn’t very good. I cought a few 6″ fish, one 8″ fish, and one about 10″, and that was it. And i fished for many hours. I was fly fishing and tried drys, but had no luck. I cought most my fish on a sink tip line, on a damsel pattern. Has anyone been here, and how was the fishing for you. I am thinking the heat may have been a factor, as it was in the 80’s both days we were there, although in the evening i still had bad luck. Does temperature affect high lakes as much though. Also, how is the fishing at dorothy, bear, and deer on the way in. Finally, has anyone tried the miller river. We pased it, and it looked like good pocket water.

gonefishin
        Participant

heh- 5 or so fish doesn’t sound all that bad!

anyway, i didn’t have too much luck at dorothy.

it’s easy enough to get to (hence i’ve been there twice), but i caught a couple small ones the first time, then got skunked in a downpour the second.

Brian Curtis
          Keymaster

The weather can make a huge difference. In the middle of the day on a hot day the fish will often go deep and you won’t see them at all. I’ve been to lakes where the water is riddled with rises and the fish are biting all over, but as soon as the sun hits the water the entire lake goes dead and you’d swear there wasn’t a fish in it.

Last time I was at Snoqualmie I fished for about an hour and a half and caught 3 from 10″ to 11.75″. But I’ve heard from other people who had slower fishing.

I’ve been by Deer and Bear a couple times, but I’ve never fished ’em. The first time they were mostly frozen and the second time I just walked by. Dorothy seems to turn off and on. The one time I fished it (about 25 years ago) I had lousy fishing, but I’ve heard that the fishing can really turn on if you’re there on the right day. I’ve never fished the Miller.

When you’re looking for high lakes to fish, don’t forget the smaller lakes. The big ones often aren’t the best.

Anonymous
              Quote:

Ahh woops, now i get it.[V]

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.