“Square

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DJH
      Participant

“Hi, ^^ I’m new here. This is a great forum and site. I met some Trailblazers a couple of years ago at Bench Lake and got to talk to them since there’s just one campsite. I admired their fortitude. Two of them made the trip from the trail head ^^to Woods and back to Bench Lake all in one long day.^^Very cool.^^ Anyway, some freinds and I are planning a trip to Square Lake, Milk and Wolverine lakes in August with rafts. The lakes are just inside the Wenatchee National Forest from the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. Last year we scouted a 3/4 mile route from Surprise Gap to the ridge above Square lake and found a descending scratch trail at the low point, presumably 700ft down to Square Lk. This looks easier than the Icicle Creek aproach. Great views from the ridge. We could see Deception Lk, Square Lk, Milk Lk, Clarice Lk and part of Marmot. Almost spy Thunder Lks basin too.^^ Has anyone been in to these lakes thats willing to share?^^ I’ve read that Square Lk is used as east side water supply and has a dam. Is that still true? ^^ Will they mind if I bathe my sweaty carcass in their tap water? If anyone knows, Thanks – Dave Harwell”

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Square Lake isn’t being used for anyone’s water supply. You can get in there from several directions. Tonga Ridge is the quickest to Square.

DJH
          Participant

“Brian, ^^ That certainly takes occams razor to our milage and elevation gain. My buddy remembers that road as being rough but it beats walking. He also says I should kiss your rear for the advice. Im just gonna stick with Thanks! “

Tom Bentzen
            Participant

Check here for a comprehensive trip report to Square lake.^^^^http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=955^^^^^^TB

Wildlander
              Participant

“Ahem…^^^^There is some good fishing in this country. ^^^^Square, swallow, up, in, around, there abouts… ^^^^Soooommmewheeeere, over the rainbow, way up high…^^^^-ken”

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The topic ‘“Square’ is closed to new replies.