TB plaque at cecil’s lake and report

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion TB plaque at cecil’s lake and report

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Hetttinga
      Participant

Went up to Cecil and Gus last summer and the tree that the trail blazer’s plaque was posted on had died and fallen over. I put it on the big rock at the fire pit between Cecil and the slide lake that has no name. Great weather but no fish this time in Cecil.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

There aren’t very many of the old Trail Blazer signs left. That one is a unique hand made sign. Hopefully, no one will steal it off the rock. Thanks a lot for the heads up. Here are a couple photos of TB signs. Thanks to Dave Harwell for the Cecils Lake sign and Virg Harder for the later TB sign photos.

The Cecils Lake sign.

Standard TB sign.

Jonathan Leathers
          Participant

This wouldn’t be a Hettinga from Cascade Church by any chance. If so we just crossed paths in Nicaragua, small world. I attend NBC.

I’ve been in this area several times to help stock lakes and even to stock one of my own four years ago. In 2005 the tree was still standing but was badly damaged and I didn’t think it would last long. I’m sure someone if not me will personally see to it that it finds a new home, either in a new tree or in the TB’er library, I’m surprised it hung there as long as it did. Thanks for leaving it there.

I will need to stock my lake in this area again in 2008 if you wish to tag along I will find some way to contact you, let me know.

Jonathan

Hetttinga
            Participant

Thanks for the pictures guys. It has been years since I was last in this area. I think it takes a few years to forget the pain it inflicts and foolishly go back. Jonathan that was my brother Nate that you met last year, but I’m out here in Monroe as well. I’d be game to hook up. You could talk to my folks or my sister at NBC. Thanks for the invite! Jeremy.

caveman
              Participant

I didn’t realize you looked at t his site. I thougth it was you reading about gus and cecil. By the way this is Adam.

Caveman

Keith Peter
                Participant

Yea been to those lakes many a time having grown up in Skykomish. Found a few old traps on trees on my way up Camp Robber Valley. I usually go up the creek and up over the hill to Gold Lake and back down To Dorothy Lake and back down on a long day hike. It sure is pretty in that Valley. A person can make decent time up the creek if the water is low. Didn’t have much luck fishing the Charley lakes though

Brian Curtis
                  Keymaster

I’m way late following up on the post that started this thread. I was in to Cecils in August of ’07 and by the time I got there the sign was already back up on a tree.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.