Trip faliure. Chain Doelle (not)

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Trip faliure. Chain Doelle (not)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tom Bentzen
      Participant

“Well, if I post my successes I must post my failures. I got a late start at the Icicle trail head. Left around 10:30. I THOUGHT that I grabbed the right map, I didn't. Boy did that mess me up. I planned on getting up to Chains and Doelles and then making the cross country route over to Frosty pass and then down to the Icicle trail again. ^^^^Around the six mile mark (leland creek) I was feeling pretty pooped. It had been in the 90's the whole way up the valley. I realized (after looking) that I grabbed the wrong map and that screwed me up not knowing how much further ahead of me the Chains cut off was. Add to that not knowing when the next water source would be, and the fact that the weather was coming in fast. ^^^^My dogs were killing me for some reason, and I just felt crappy. I decided to turn around and back I went. When I got to the car three hours later I couldn't remember ever hurting so much. Everything hurt. I ate a few carb bars during the day, and drank good amounts of water too.^^^^Only 14+ miles that day and still I was a zombie. ^^^^Well there you have it. Turbo (diesel) bummer. ^^^^^^TB”

brownster145
        Participant

“As long as you make it into the mountains, it's never a total failure. ^^;)”

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.