What happened

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      mcmahon2005
      Participant

This forum all of a sudden just died. Has anyone been out fishing lately, how did you do. I went up to Lost Lake on the 15th. The water was very very low. The big rock was about 15 feet out of the water. A pretty good view from on top of it. I caugth nothing and nobody else caught anything. I did stop at the yakima on the way back and got 2, 3-4 inch RB drifting a small woolly bugger through a deep slot.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

It is good to see somebody is getting out! I’ve been stuck in the lowlands.

gonefishin
          Participant

which lost lake?

i went to a lost lake by echo lake and greenwater lakes, and got skunked there as well. this was in like june.

a couple guys there made a killing using worms, however (and kept 10 of ’em).

gonefishin
            Participant

most recent trip a couple weeks ago to melakwa and lower tuscohatchie.

saw a few swimming around, including one big one (? rainbow), in melakwa. no luck there though but didn’t stay long.

moved on to lower tuscohatchie– from what i’d heard had been expecting monsters there. caught about 4 smallish fish. they didn’t look like rainbows though (as indicated on the wdfw website). looked more eastern brook– anyone care to confirm?

http://www.msnusers.com/fish123556789/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=4

http://www.msnusers.com/fish123556789/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

http://www.msnusers.com/fish123556789/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2

p.s. if this sort of talking about known lakes like these is discouraged, lemme know and i’ll delete the posts!

Anonymous

Those are all Rainbows in the pictures

mcmahon2005
                Participant

@gonefishin wrote:

which lost lake?

i went to a lost lake by echo lake and greenwater lakes, and got skunked there as well. this was in like june.

a couple guys there made a killing using worms, however (and kept 10 of ’em).

Lost Lake near Snoqualmie Pass

mcmahon2005
                  Participant

Yep, those were all rainbows

mossback
                    Participant

Upper Tuskohatchee cranks out better trout–at least it used to. A Curtis boat makes fishing it much more enjoyable. Otherwise, you fight brush all around the lake.

Some pots in between Upper and Lower Tuskohatchee used to have fish, too.

mcmahon2005
                      Participant

I have heard tuscohatchie is good fishing. Decent size to i hear. How long did it take to hike there? Was it an overnight hike?

gonefishin
                        Participant

guess i need to touch up my…ahem…speciation skills.

yeah– and lower tuscohatchie wasn’t as accessible on foot as i’d hoped it’d be.

it was a day hike. i got into melakwa, but had been pining to go to lower tuscohatchie for some time. not sure exactly how long it took– something like 2.5 hours or so each way from the trail head at I90. with the hiking i didn’t spend a super long time there, not as long as i would’ve at other lakes anyway.

Brian Curtis
                          Keymaster

You can tell brookies from trout because they have light spots on a dark background while RB, CT, and GT all have dark spots on a light background.

gonefishin
                            Participant

@Brian Curtis wrote:

You can tell brookies from trout because they have light spots on a dark background while RB, CT, and GT all have dark spots on a light background.

well that certainly is a straightforward way to tell…

http://www.msnusers.com/fish123556789/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6

caught this fine fella at a different lake this summer. now someone’s gonna tell me it’s actually a female…

allison
                              Participant

I fished Deer Lake down by White Pass this weekend with Dave Weyrick, his exchange student Johannes, and Tom Davenport this past Saturday. Great weather, good company. 8)

–Allison

Anonymous

I was out fly fishing a lot in Sept. and early October with good results for sea-run cutthroat and summer-run steelhead on dry flies (a fall mode of fly fishing we have traditionally used for decades) and will post some great photos of the fish in a few…

McPil

brownster145
                                  Participant

I didn’t catch a single alipine trout this summer, though I did make a harrowing trip to a couple of off-trail alpine lakes.

I’ve spent most of my fishing time in the last 5 months or chasing summer steelhead and, more recently, coho salmon. I’m ready to move onto winter steelhead now. Should be a good season.

Andrew

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.