When do I suffer?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

“OK, since there’s no time like the present to ask how I become a pack mule and beg my way onto a fish stocking or survey trip I’m going to just come out and utilize this forum to do so… one benefit of having a forum I suspect.^^I’m headed into Gloria, Downey and Bench lakes this summer and fall, as well as Horse, Boulder, Toketie and Kawkawak. This for the purpose of scouting and hunting blackbear and deer (Mulie-Blacktail hybrids I guess) and to flyfish.^^In the Olympic mountains I’m headed into Goat lake. Since I’m already going to these places, and the meetings are only once a month, I want to offer my services before summer and fall get away from us. At the last meeting Sandy mentioned that now was the time to inquire about assisting or being invited on just these sorts of things. Im inquiring!!^^^^As a matter of fact I’d be willing to assist the Trailblazers”” on any trips. I just need to plan ahead now and get it on my calendar when I’ll be gone. The wife and 11 month old son are becoming enured to my absences and seem comfortable with that. The wife (my first ever…’99) realizes the somber duty I have to be away on these important mission impossible epic affairs.^^So, without further ado, please let me know if I can assist. I have a strong back, love humping a thousand pound pack over hill and dale and am blessed with an affable disposition. The Graham brothers have intimated that I might be allowed to follow them into the mountains this summer or fall and I appreciate that. However, I’m going to beg to get on with anyone that will have me, in a shotgun sorta way, in hopes that one or two pellets will reach the target.^^^^Desire and Passion: Unlimited!^^Qulifications: Invite me on one your trips to see what I’m capable of after 39 years (give or take 5) of wilderness experiences has provided me.^^^^Regards,^^^^^^”””

Ken McLeod
        Participant

“Ah, I like it! I shall keep you in mind this summer on a stocking trip…you need to know however, leather gloves are a usual and accustom part of the essentails when going with McPilchuck…devils club and sorts…grin.”

Anonymous

“Thank You McPilchuck!^^^^I’m intimately aquainted with our old friend Oplopanax Horridum.^^ Gloves are us is my motto.^^The last time I did battle with Devils Club was a few years ago (in winter) when Whitehorse Mountains N face was in condition.^^After summitting via the snow gulch route, up the big avalanche accumulation zone just above the mine, I came down through a nasty patch with no leaves on it (of course). Those dang spikes festered in my wrist and fingers for month’s.^^^^I’m inured to such joys the Pacific Northwest is famous for.^^^^ :mad:”

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

None of the lakes you are planning on hitting happen to be on the stocking list this year. I’ve only got a couple lakes to do this year and neither are terribly exciting 🙁

Anonymous

OK! Thanks Brian.

Ken McLeod
                Participant

“The last time I did battle with Devils Club was a few years ago (in winter) when Whitehorse Mountains N face was in condition. After summitting via the snow gulch route, up the big avalanche accumulation zone just above the mine, “”^^^^I am impressed! That is a great alpinist climb, never done myself, know a few who have though, however been in some pretty remote stuff within th Boulder Rv. Wilderess…Three Fingers, Bullon, Mt. Ditney, etc. Whitehorse is awesome, see for photo: http://www.alpinequest.com/whitehorse.htm^^”””

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.