First Stocking Report

Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum Trail Blazers First Stocking Report

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cliff Church
      Participant

“I went on my first stocking trip this weekend and I am hooked. I’ve never experienced such a neat feeling as watching those little fish swim off into the lake. The route was steep; 2 miles and 2700′ gain on an old miners trail, and my new athsma medication had a severe side effect on me – I couldn’t breath. I seriously bonked and although I apologized several times to Jim J. & Steve Bucher, I’d like to say I’m sorry again, for holding them up. But I got the fish to the lake! Not to belabor the point, but I just don’t think I’ve ever seen anything so neat as those fish swimming away. Thanks for the opportunity to do this.^^Cliff”

Sandy McKean
        Participant

…….but I just don’t think I’ve ever seen anything so neat as those fish swimming away.

Congratuations! Believe me, we ALL know the exact feeling of which you speak….our little babies 🙂

My prediction is that you, Cliff, will be one of those TB’ers who still plants fish 40 years later….we have a few members pushing 50 years right now.

Cliff Church
          Participant

“Well, I can sure see how you feel a little bit of parental responsibility”” for those fish. I guess I felt more like an “”Uncle”” since it wasn’t my lake. Sure was cool, though. If I’m around and stocking lakes in 40 years I’ll be 88, and my particular gene pool doesn’t seem to last that long, but I’ll stock for as long as I can!”””

Jonathan Leathers
            Participant

There is one better but not by much and that is returning to a lake after a few years to see how they’ve grown. ^^^^

Anonymous

Read again those things you wrote, you might find some terrible misconceptions.

Cliff Church
                Participant

@Anonymous wrote:

Read again those things you wrote, you might find some terrible misconceptions.

Guest, I’ve read your message a couple of times now, and I still can’t figure out what you mean. Can you please elaborate?

mcmahon2005
                  Participant

im missing it too ❓

And who are you. If your gonna post here you may as well sign up.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.